Thanks to a 37-31 overtime victory over

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  chenyan94 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
     chenyan94 
    Participant

the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday night [url=http://www.thesteelersclub.com/benny-snell-jersey/]Benny Snell Jersey 2019[/url] , the Patriots clinched their third-straight trip to the Super Bowl—Super Bowl LIII against the Rams on February 3 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia.It will be New England’s ninth trip to the Super Bowl since the 2001 season, and if you’re a Steelers fans who knows anything about Super Bowls and the Patriots, that’s a lot of Super Bowls and a lot of Patriots appearing in them. And much like last year at this time, New England will be going for a record-tying sixth Lombardi trophy, an almost reality that likely has many Steelers fans nervous they will soon lose ultimate bragging rights. So will Steelers fans get to pop a celebratory bottle of I.C. Light again this year? Will those “Got Six?” t-shirts remain relevant for another 365 days? I must admit, I don’t really care all that much—or at least as much as I used to.I know I should care, and reflexively, I do. Take Sunday night, for example. I rooted really, really hard for the Chiefs to bounce all the way back from their 14-0 hole, and once they did [url=http://www.steelersjerseyproshop.com/benny-snell-jersey/]Cheap Benny Snell Jersey[/url] , I rooted even harder for the franchise’s first Super Bowl appearance since before I was born. But, alas, thanks to Tom Brady’s magic and the magic of those little yellow flags, it wasn’t meant to be. Was I angry? Not really. When it comes to the Patriots ongoing success—success that, to reiterate, has reached nearly two decades—I’ve been asking this question an awful lot lately: is it really that big of a deal if the Patriots tie and ultimately surpass the Steelers in the Lombardi race? I have a question for you that you’re free to answer in the comments section, on social media or in a nasty email (I’ve received a few of those lately by folks who have reminded me that I’m not as handsome as I think I am): what were you doing from January of 1990 to February of 2009? I’ll tell you what you weren’t doing; you weren’t bragging about the Steelers having the most Super Bowl wins in NFL history. Why? Because, during that period of time, Pittsburgh was either tied for the most or in second place behind the 49ers and Cowboys. I gotta tell ya’, I don’t remember it being all that big of a deal. Granted, this was way before social media existed, so that may have played a part in me living my life in peace [url=http://www.Steelersjerseyproshop.com/jack-lambert-jersey/]Jack Lambert Jersey[/url] , free from constant reminders of Lombardi inferiority by people named Cowboy_Dude and 5_4_the_9ers.You know what they say, records are meant to be broken. As much as I want them to, six Lombardi championships won’t remain the standard forever, and even if they do, the Steelers will likely not remain alone atop the mountain. Some team will eventually tiethem. But even if the very worst happens, and they eventually fall behind in Super Bowl silver, I’m guessing the next time the Steelers win it all, I won’t be keeping score. I’ll just be living in the moment, a moment that doesn’t come along very often—even for fans of the teams with the most Super Bowls. Having said all that, however…….Go Rams! Multiple former Steelers have taken to social media this offseason to express complaints about the team, and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Now two current Steelers are asking for it to stop.Steelers starting offensive linemen Ramon Foster and Maurkice Pouncey are offering to talk to any former players who want to address a concern — as long as the players come to them privately, rather than air dirty laundry publicly.“Moving forward [url=http://www.Steelersjerseyproshop.com/jack-ham-jersey/]Jack Ham Jersey[/url] , any former player or affiliate of the Steelers who has an issue with anyone still in the locker room, please contact me or Maurkice Pouncey or anyone else you feel you can talk to,” Foster wrote on Twitter. “Whoever you have an issue with, we will get you their number so you can address them. I PROMISE. These media takes might give y’all good traffic on your social media outlets but the guys still in that locker room, who y’all still know personally have to answer for those comments. Call them what you want, but call them personally and tell THEM. Defend who you want to defend but you don’t have to mention the team at all. Whether you have a ring or played for one year. ENOUGH. CHILL. Most players at one point in their life want to take their kids back to the place where they once played, don’t burn too many bridges. It’s a long history or brotherhood more than anything. BUSINESS is one thing but let’s keep it at a minimum for the guys who have to answer for those comments moving forward.”It’s easy to understand why Foster feels that way, but also easy to predict that it won’t happen. Sometimes people want to air their issues publicly, and a plea from Foster is unlikely to change anyone’s mind.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©[2017] Bommarito Digital

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account